We are seeking a Coatings/Painter to uphold Quest’s vision, mission and values of ensuring high quality aircraft by spraying surfaces of manufactured aircraft, with protective primer and by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Maintains a clean paint booth.
- Changes paint booth filters as needed.
- Changes respirator filters as needed according to manufacturer specifications.
- Wears respirator at all times when in paint booth, while operating paint gun, sanding or stripping.
- Masks and plugs holes on parts.
- Reads and interprets Job Travelers, prints and other paperwork.
- Mixes primers and paints according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Pours coating liquid into spray container and connects gun to air hose.
- Turns sprayer valves and nozzle to regulate width and pressure of spray.
- Cleans spraying equipment with solvent after use.
- Sands, strips and repaints parts as necessary.
- Performs touch-up and fixes as necessary.
- Maintains paint tools and equipment.
- Disassembles and thoroughly cleans, dries and stores respirator in sealed container after use.
- Inspects parts and reassembles respirator prior to use.
- Applies Lean Manufacturing/6-sigma, processes and procedures including 5S disciplines.
- Working knowledge of Windows, MS Office Suite, and basic internet use/navigation.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, painting procedures, and Job Travelers.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to demonstrate good analytical skills, alphanumeric accuracy, and reading comprehension.
- Experience in aerospace (or related field) painting and technique preferred.
Please note: Your experience and qualifications as described in your application will be used to determine which applicants will advance to the interview phase. Computer based aptitude tests may be administered to qualified applicants who are selected to interview. If offered employment, the offer will be contingent on the satisfactory completion of a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug screen.