Summary: Applies principle of cost accounting to conduct studies which provide detailed cost information by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Plans study and collects data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor.
- Analyzes data obtained and records results.
- Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided to determine effects on costs.
- Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic report comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Assists with the upgrade on the cost accounting system.
- Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting process and profitability of product or services.
- Compiles cost information to be used in operating budget preparation.
- Implements and documents accounting system policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four –Year College or university and two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulation.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite with extensive knowledge in Excel required.
- Knowledge of manufacturing data base soft ware such as Epicor preferred.
- Experience with budgeting software such as Budge Maestro and experience with Vantage, FRX, and Crystal Reports also preferred.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situation.
Please note: Your experience and qualifications as described in your application will be used to determine which applicants will advance to the interview phase. Computer based aptitude tests may be administered to qualified applicants who are selected to interview. If offered employment, the offer will be contingent on the satisfactory completion of a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug screen.