We are seeking a Mechanical/Aerospace Engineer to join our team. This position will report to the Type Design Engineering Manager and will be responsible for supporting customer service technicians and operators of the Kodiak 100 airplane. This engineer will work within a broad range of disciplines such as structures, mechanical systems, electrical systems, fuel systems, avionics, maintenance, and repairs. This role requires supporting root cause analysis of field issues, problem solving, and documentation of data and resolution methods. Secondarily, the engineer will be tasked with identifying and implementing design and process improvements for the aircraft. Candidates must demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with internal and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Perform research and engineering analysis for customer service cases.
- Communicate findings to customer service and type design engineers.
- Prepare internal documentation, reports, procedures and tests.
- Help create and review customer facing instructions, manuals, and guidance material.
- Collect and correlate field data to determine trends.
- Design and develop product improvements, tools and or systems. Perform testing to validate designs.
- Perform specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer, using prescribed methods.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering and 2-4 years experience required.
- MS Office Suite proficiency required.
- CAD proficiency required, NX experience preferred.
- Familiarity with electrical system diagnosis is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Some familiarity with 14 CFR Part 23 (or similar) regulatory requirements.
- Knowledgeable in aircraft design, manufacturing, tooling and systems.
- Experience with the materials generally used in the riveted aluminum aircraft and composite materials.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems design and integration into aircraft.
- Demonstrated understanding of how systems and structures interact in a small aircraft.
- Pilot and or A&P license preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technical areas and skills to support a project.
- Ability to work evenings/nights/weekends when asked to provide customer support.
Please note: Your experience and qualifications as described in your application will be used to determine which applicants will advance to the interview phase. Computer based aptitude tests may be administered to qualified applicants who are selected to interview. If offered employment, the offer will be contingent on the satisfactory completion of a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug screen.