Supports the engineering department in the areas of fabricating, maintaining, and inspecting tooling, fixtures, and dies and mechanical fabrication tasks as necessary supporting of the total life cycle of the aircraft.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Interfaces with engineers to determine engineering support needs.
- Obtains or fabricates the necessary components and assembles the system.
- Operates/tests the assembly as necessary and collects data to verify expected results.
- Documents as necessary the system design and test results.
- Fabricates, maintains, inspects, and repairs production tooling in a timely manner.
- Calibrates production tooling using a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) such as Faro Laser Tracker or Faro Arm scanner.
- Minimum 2 years related experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general technical procedures and engineering drawings.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required.
Please note: Your experience and qualifications as described in your application will be used to determine which applicants will advance to the interview phase. Computer based aptitude tests may be administered to qualified applicants who are selected to interview. If offered employment, the offer will be contingent on the satisfactory completion of a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug screen.