We are seeking a Mechanical/Aerospace Engineer to join our team. This position will report to the Type Design Engineering Manager and will be responsible for developing processes, solving problems, and making improvements focused within the discipline of Propulsion System Design and Testing. Candidates must have a demonstrated ability to work well with all other disciplines, including those outside of Engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Design and develop products, tools and or systems.
- Research and implement solutions for design improvements and part obsolescence.
- Perform testing to validate designs.
- Complete design and drawing changes with engineering substantiations.
- Prepare requirements, specifications, and assist with the development of processes.
- Perform research, and prepare documentation, reports, procedures and tests.
- Develop, document, and integrate systems engineering principles, lean manufacturing techniques, and standard operating procedure into the engineering culture.
- Develop designs using Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, or coordinate detailed phases of engineering projects in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
- Perform work which involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard materials, and difficult coordination requirements.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organizational objectives.
- Bachelor's degree and 4 to 6 years engineering experience in the aerospace industry.
- The ability to work independently and in a small team of peers.
- CAD and MS Office Suite proficiency.
- NX experience preferred.
- Experience in Propulsion Ground and Flight Testing preferred.
- Experience with P&W PT6 engines preferred.
- Familiarity with 14 CFR Part 23 regulations preferred.
- Recognition that Systems are one of many important systems of the airplane, and ability to solve problems with that in mind.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work well with all other disciplines, including those outside of Engineering.
Please note: Your experience and qualifications as described in your application will be used to determine which applicants will advance to the interview phase. Computer based aptitude tests may be administered to qualified applicants who are selected to interview. If offered employment, the offer will be contingent on the satisfactory completion of a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug screen.