We are seeking a Mechanical/Aerospace Engineer to join our team. This position will report to the Type Design Engineering Manager and will be responsible for developing processes, solving problems, and making improvements in support of the total life cycle of the KODIAK aircraft and across various systems (Structural, Electrical, Avionics, Environmental Controls, Flight Controls, Mechanical Systems, etc).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Plans, schedules, conducts, or coordinates detailed phases of engineering projects in a part of a major project or in a total project of complex scope.
- Performs work which involves conventional engineering practices but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard materials, and difficult coordination requirements.
- Reviews and evaluates product requests from customer, and formulates conceptual design to meet customer requirements.
- Creates and/or analyzes project proposals to determine feasibility, producibility, cost, and production time, and discusses proposal with customer representatives, engineers, and other personnel.
- Evaluates product design for conformance to engineering principles, customer requirements, quality standards, regulatory requirements, and specifications.
- Evaluates and checks design changes and drawing releases.
- Coordinates design, production, testing, and related activities.
- Consults with project personnel and others to provide technical assistance and information.
- Conceive, plan, and conduct research in problem areas of considerable scope and complexity.
- Contribute new inventions, new designs, or techniques which are of material significance in the solution of important problems.
- Serve as a technical specialist for the organization in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles, and processes.
- Keep abreast of new scientific methods and developments affecting the organization for the purpose of recommending changes in emphasis of programs or new programs warranted by such developments.
- Bachelor's degree and more than 12 years aerospace engineering experience.
- The ability to lead a team of peers within the Engineering group required.
- CAD and MS Office Suite proficiency.
- NX experience preferred.
- Broad experience in the design and certification of Aerospace systems and structures.
- Extensive experience in a regulated environment, proficiency with 14 CFR Part 23 required.
- Able to lead a team through problem solving with a cross-functional perspective (Engineering, Production, Customer Service, Quality, Supply Chain, etc)
Please note: Your experience and qualifications as described in your application will be used to determine which applicants will advance to the interview phase. Computer based aptitude tests may be administered to qualified applicants who are selected to interview. If offered employment, the offer will be contingent on the satisfactory completion of a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug screen.