We are seeking a Mechanical/Aerospace Engineer to join our team. This position will report to the Type Design Engineering Manager and will be responsible for developing processes, solving problems, and making improvements focused within the discipline of Structures Design and Analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Design and develop products, tools and or systems.
- Complete design and drawing changes with engineering substantiations.
- Perform testing to validate designs when necessary.
- Prepare requirements, specifications, and assist with the development of processes.
- Perform research, and prepare documentation, reports, procedures and tests.
- Develop, document, and integrate systems engineering principles, lean manufacturing techniques, and standard operating procedure into the engineering culture.
- Develop designs using Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, or coordinate detailed phases of engineering projects in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
- Perform work which involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard materials, and difficult coordination requirements.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organizational objectives.
- Bachelor's degree and 4 to 6 years engineering experience (aerospace preferred).
- The ability to work independently as and in a team of peers.
- CAD and MS Office Suite proficiency.
- NX experience preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of “hand calculations” for structural analysis required.
- Proficiency in the use of Finite Element Analysis software preferred.
- Recognition of structures as one of many important systems of the airplane, and ability to solve problems with that in mind
Please note: Your experience and qualifications as described in your application will be used to determine which applicants will advance to the interview phase. Computer based aptitude tests may be administered to qualified applicants who are selected to interview. If offered employment, the offer will be contingent on the satisfactory completion of a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug screen.